Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year To All

It's a New Year and things are starting to come around I hope. I'm up for a City job in Long Beach CA. and my interview is on Tuesday the sixth. After three tests and one previous interview this has got to be the magic number.

So.....the few folks who do read this blog will you please say a prayer, slaughter a Lamb, burn some Incense, offer up a sacrifice or what the Hell ever. Just put in some good Karma for me so I can get hired. It's a great job with awesome benefits so let's hope.

Don't get me wrong, I love working on Japanese cars (and the older American iron) but there are very few benefits when you work for independent shop owners. The shop I'm in now has a great crew in Daniel, Gabe, and Martin and a good man and knowledgeable owner with Jim, but the competition between these smaller shops means less in the way of wages and perks. City and Government positions are the way to go in this day and age. Come on Long Beach....hire Greasywrench!

1 comment:

Burnt Toast said...

Good luck Greasy!

Man, good to see you back online. I missed having you around. I hope your been able to get the ducks back in a row, square pegs, square holes, etc.

My hope is that 2009 is better for all of us. We need a good year after the last one. Now, if only Jesus Christ Superstar Obama will show us the way. He is, after all, the light, the way, the truth!