Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hey Baby!

I'm a proud papa again. My first two Grey Zucchini Squash are healthy and thriving. It looks like the plethora of Bees in my buddy Kevin's apartment complex are busy doing what Bees are supposed to do. Last Spring I couldn't buy a Bee in my area but this place is swarming with them.

I have two different types of Squash so I'll probably get some cross-pollination but that's not a problem. I won't be saving any of the seeds so I don't have to worry about weird looking squash hybrids.

One of my Yellow Straight-neck plants has a bud but it hasn't bloomed yet. If all goes well and these are pollinated I should be slicing and breading these little cukes in a couple of days. If not, I'm sure I'll have something else to post and bitch about. Check em out.

No comments: